I have finally finished the dress I was knitting for Immy. I adapted the Topaz pattern which I found here on knitty.com, whimping out on the diamond pattern and instead sticking with some simple navy stripes for contrast with the main colour which is a cross between a grey and a teal.
I used Moda Vera Chatilly and the yarn was probably a bit soft for this project. It also tended to have the odd knobbly bit, not great for a smooth stocking stitch in a plain colour. I probably also should have made the shoulder straps a bit longer but I was concerned that the dress overall was getting a bit long, it comes down past Immy’s knees. I even managed to put my newly acquired crocheting skills to the test with a row of single crochet around the neckline in the contrast colour. I am quite pleased with the end result, it is the first knitted piece of clothing I have ever finished (I count scarves as accessories not clothing!) The dress is lovely and warm and it was quick to knit up. I am actually giving it another go with a different wool, so watch out for Mark II!