Your children will love this soup!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes, sliced and baked with skins on
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 375g can evaporated skim milk
- 500g firm, white fish, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- In a deep saucepan, over medium heat, saute celery, onions and baked potatoes in oil for 5 minutes, until they are soft but not browned.
- Stir in the flour. Gradually add stock, stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add evaporated milk, continue stirring until mixture comes to a very light simmer (don’t boil). Add fish and corn. Cook for about 5 minutes until the fish is opaque. Do not boil. Season to taste.