Immy has been a big fan of DirtGirlWorld for almost two years (I actually posted about it here eighteen months ago). This award winning television show has been one that I have been happy for her to watch as I can see that as well as being entertaining and age appropriate, the program communicates a positive environmental message and the means to encouraging children to get outdoors and engage with nature.
Which has to be a good thing, right From windy days perfect for kite flying to searching for rainbows, each episode takes children on an adventure with the animated characters DirtGirl, Scrap Boy, Hayman, Grubby and Ken (and the rocking roosters dancing the Chicken Jam deserve their own special mention!), with the aim of inspiring a generation of planet loving preschoolers. And what child wouldn’t want to play in a backyard just like DirtGirl’s!
Each episode also includes footage of real children (the Green Thumbs) engaged in a nature based project. Packaged together with a funky soundtrack (that is easy to listen to – even for parents!), it is no wonder DirtGirlWorld is a hit with children aged 2-7 years from all around the world (incidentally, the second CD from the series, Dig It, has been nominated for Best Children’s Album at the upcoming ARIA awards).
If you want to encourage your little people to get outdoors and get grubby, I have two DirtGirlWorld viewing and listening packs to giveaway. Open to Australian readers, each pack contains 1x DirtGirlWorld DVD – Summer, 1x DirtGirlWorld DVD – Winter, 1x DirtGirlWorld CD – Get Grubby! and 1x DirtGirlWorld CD – Dig It!
What a great addition to a Christmas stocking hanging in your home!
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post, telling me your favourite child’s favourite way to play outdoors and get grubby! The two most creative and original entries will win a DirtGirlWorld pack. Entries close Tuesday, 29th November 2011 at 6pm AEDST. This giveaway is now closed.
Congratulations to Daisy and Fiona, the winners of the DirtGirlWorld prize packs.
The fine print:
1. The competition ends at 6pm AEST, Tuesday, November 29th 2011.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only.
3. To enter you must leave a comment on this blog post sharing your favourite child’s favourite way to play outdoors.
4. Please register a routinely checked email address in the email field of your entry.
5. The winners will be notified via email within 7 days of the competition closing.
6. Should the winner fail to make contact via return email within 48 hours of notification a new winner may be selected.