My first pre-Christmas housekeeping task has to be the TOYS! Not only because there is sure to be more added to the collection in the next few months but also because the baby is becoming more and more mobile by the day and some serious babyproofing is in order!
So my plan is to;
- Separate out any toys that Immy has grown out of and pack them away for AJ to grow into,
- Reorganise the remaining toys to ensure that any with small pieces are stored out of reach of particularly little fingers,
- Make sure that each set of toys is stored in the most suitable container and that each container is clearly labelled.
For those who would like to join me in clearing the kid toy clutter, here are some previous posts about organising kids stuff that you might find useful;
- Organising Kids Stuff: Small Homes – which includes tips for toy rotation
- 14 Ways of Keeping Kids Clutter Under Control (organisation and storage ideas from each of the Childhood 101 contributors)
- Labels (making simple labels for the toyroom with your child)
- Make Pack Away Time Fun
- The Case for NOT Packing Away
Do you have a pre-Christmas toy clean out at your house?