If you love marshmallows and you love popcorn then I suggest you STAY AWAY from this recipe! It’s dangerously delicious!!! Perfect for your next family movie night or children’s birthday party, Marshmallow Party Popcorn is sweet and crunchy, and just a little bit sticky, and I promise you’ll find it hard to stop eating it once you’ve started!
You will need:
- 4 cups of popped popcorn (I use this brown paper bag microwave method)
- 1 cup of marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon icing sugar
- Food colouring (optional)
- Coloured sugar sprinkles
1. Prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper.
2. Place the popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
3. Place the marshmallows into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to melt. Your microwave may take a little longer depending upon the wattage but I suggest starting with 20 seconds and increasing in 10 second increments.
4. Once the marshmallow is melted you want to work quite quickly, before it starts to set. Stir in a few drops of food colouring and the icing sugar. Once combined pour over the popcorn and mix quickly. You may need to get your hands in there and it may be a bit sticky!
5. Spread the popcorn over your baking tray and sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
6. Leave to set for an hour. The marshmallow will still be a little sticky so if making for a children’s party I suggest serving in single serve cups.
Of course, it tastes just as good in blue as it does in pink! Don’t say I didn’t warn you