Guest Posting at Childhood 101
Guest post submissions are welcome however due to the high number of requests we are not accepting unsolicited guest posts or those from writers representing commercial enterprises. In fact, we will only publish posts from those who are active and trusted members of our community.
We’re not always able to use everything that’s submitted. We may decline to use your post because;
- The topic/content is not a good fit with the Childhood 101 readership
- The style or tone of the post is not appropriate to Childhood 101
- The post requires extensive editing
- We have a full posting schedule
- The topic has been already covered extensively on Childhood 101
- The post has been published elsewhere. Content on Childhood 101 is unique
When writing a guest post please follow these guidelines;
- Posts should be between 400-800 words.
- The tone of your post should be professional, yet still informal and friendly. Keep in mind that readers come from a variety of perspectives, faiths, and backgrounds.
- When writing, keep in mind that shorter paragraphs are easier to read. Lists and bullet points are visually appealing and the use of subheadings, where appropriate, assists online readers, especially in longer articles.
- Posts should be accompanied by an appropriate photo or other image. This must be credited with an appropriate source, and must be legal to use. The Creative Commons area of Flickr is a good place to search for photos. Photos should not exceed 500px width, with a file size no larger than 100kb. Images should be attached as separate files.
- Links contained within your post must be relevant to the topic you’re writing about. Posts should not include more than two contextual link backs.
- The post may be lightly edited. Submissions requiring extensive editing will not be used.
- The post is original and has not been published elsewhere.
- Please include a short bio at the end of your post - a sentence or two explaining who you are and what you do. Feel free to include a link to your own blog. We will also write a short introductory sentence (that will include a link) to appear at the top of the post.
If you have any further questions or concerns or would like to contact us with your post, please use our contact form.