I love celebrations – birthdays, weddings, Easter, Christmas. I love that celebrations give us the opportunity to step out from behind our daily routines, and to come together as family and friends to relax, share good food and, hopefully, enjoy a few laughs as we create a whole new page in our shared history. And I love giving gifts.
To me, gift giving is so much more than wrapping and bows. It’s about taking a moment to think specifically about a person you care about – who they are, what they enjoy, what they need, and then finding that special something which will hopefully bring a moment of joy to their life. In my mind, the best gifts to receive are those which come as a complete surprise, and those you can tell have been chosen thoughtfully – just for you. And I think that it is important to choose gifts which you would be happy to receive yourself, for your child or for your home – which is why you will never see me give a Bratz doll!!!
Admittedly, gift giving at Christmas time has it’s challenges. The stores are often filled to overflowing, you often have many people to buy for all at once (and in our case, within a tight budget), and inevitably, there is one person on your list, THAT person, the one who already has everything and you just can’t think what to buy for!
This year, Westfield have made thinking through gift selections a little easier with an Online Gift Finder. Enter an age range, gender and your budget and the Gift Finder will generate a list of possibilities, which could come in very handy particularly when it comes to buying for THAT person. Westfield have also put together a collection of tips for making this Christmas the most memorable ever for your family, that is memorable for all the right reasons 🙂 You’ll find expert advice for entertaining, food, decorating, fashion for the festive season and more about gifts!
And if you are still stuck for ideas, you can always head to your nearest Westfield store for more inspiration, especially fun if you have a nice shiny $100 Westfield gift card in your purse! Childhood 101 readers have the opportunity to win a $100 Westfield gift voucher to put towards their preparations for the big day.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
1. Leave a comment below telling me about a thoughtful gift which has recently brought a smile to your face. Please be sure to include your email address or Twitter ID so that you can be contacted should you win.
2. The most creative response as judged by myself and Nuffnang (as a representative of Westfield) will be chosen as the winner.
3. The winner will be notified via their preferred contact method, and will be asked to provide their email and contact phone number at that time. If they do not respond to the notification within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
4. Entry is open to Australian readers only.
5. Entries close 5:00 pm AEDST, 23 November 2010.
6. Nuffnang’s full terms and conditions can be found here.