It’s becoming a lovely tradition for Pebble and I to make Christmas decorations together. Hopefully baby Rocky can join in soon too! Over the years we’ve enjoyed making Christmas gift tags, these super easy DIY Christmas cards, a homemade Christmas wreath and Christmas wrapping paper.
This year we’ve stated with these beautifully simple Christmas tree ornaments made with Sharpies, a paper template and laminating sheets. Don’t worry if you don’t have a laminator – clear, self adhesive book covering will work too.
These Christmas Baubles make a lovely tree ornament or gift tag.
Laminated Christmas Baubles
You will need:
- A laminator and laminating sheets (or clear, self adhesive book covering)
- Printable Christmas baubles – or draw them straight onto the plastic
- Glue stick
- Small photos (optional)
To make the baubles:
1. Print and cut out the printable Christmas baubles (including cutting out the centre circle). Older children can do this on their own, younger children will need help.
2. Dab a little bit of glue on the back of each Christmas bauble and stick it inside an open laminating sheet. The glue is optional – it just helps to keep the baubles in place while you are working on them.
3. Decorate the inside of each bauble using the Sharpies – children can draw patterns or pictures, or decorate the names of family members. Adding little photos of family members is extra cute too!
4. Add a little glue and sprinkle with glitter.
5. Close and laminate the sheet and then cut out each bauble.
Optional: trace the outline of each ornament using a black Sharpie – this makes the colours really pop and is great fine motor practice for little hands.
6. Punch a hole in top of each bauble and thread with the ribbon.
You could also try different decorating techniques – try torn up pieces of cellophane or tissue paper, Christmas gift wrap or chopped up pieces of Christmas ribbon.
For more simple Christmas ornament crafts, check out this collection of ten Homemade Christmas Decorations for Kids to Make. Toddlers and preschoolers will also love our Christmas obstacle course.