It’s becoming a lovely tradition for Pebble and I to make Christmas decorations together. Hopefully baby Rocky can join in soon too! Over the years we’ve enjoyed making Christmas gift tags, these super easy DIY Christmas cards, a homemade Christmas wreath and Christmas wrapping paper.
This year we’ve stated with these beautifully simple Christmas tree ornaments made with Sharpies, a paper template and laminating sheets. Don’t worry if you don’t have a laminator – clear, self adhesive book covering will work too.
These Christmas Baubles make a lovely tree ornament or gift tag.
Laminated Christmas Baubles
You will need:
- A laminator and laminating sheets (or clear, self adhesive book covering)
- Printable Christmas baubles – or draw them straight onto the plastic
- Glue stick
- Small photos (optional)
To make the baubles:
1. Print and cut out the printable Christmas baubles (including cutting out the centre circle). Older children can do this on their own, younger children will need help.
2. Dab a little bit of glue on the back of each Christmas bauble and stick it inside an open laminating sheet. The glue is optional – it just helps to keep the baubles in place while you are working on them.
3. Decorate the inside of each bauble using the Sharpies – children can draw patterns or pictures, or decorate the names of family members. Adding little photos of family members is extra cute too!
4. Add a little glue and sprinkle with glitter.
5. Close and laminate the sheet and then cut out each bauble.
Optional: trace the outline of each ornament using a black Sharpie – this makes the colours really pop and is great fine motor practice for little hands.
6. Punch a hole in top of each bauble and thread with the ribbon.
You could also try different decorating techniques – try torn up pieces of cellophane or tissue paper, Christmas gift wrap or chopped up pieces of Christmas ribbon.