Visits to the park or playground have been a constant in our lives since Immy was a small bub. Back then it was more about us getting out of the house, usually to meet up with friends from our mother’s group (hi girls!) so that we (the adults) could debrief this whole new experience that was parenting. Nowadays we still head to the playground for a change of scenery and to meet up with friends but these days it is a lot more about the children 🙂
One thing that I have found useful, especially for extended playground visits, is to have some additional toys packed to take with us. I have a small collection of open weave bags that are perfect (at least for smaller items) for this very purpose as a quick shake and any sand or dirt falls right out. And with everything together in a bag it only takes a second to pop it into the car or into the basket under the pram.
Here are 7 easy suggestions for what to take along to extend the playground fun…
1. Sand play toys
2. Chunky chalk for pavement drawing
3. Doll and pram
4. Plastic figurines or vehicles – a great way to give new life to those pesky takeaway toys that are usually discarded after just a few minutes, with the added bonus that if a few go missing you are not going to be too bothered.
5. An egg carton for sorting treasures found on a nature hunt around the park. See Tricia’s post here for inspiration.
6. Hula hoop, ball or a skipping rope
7. Plastic tea set
What do you take along to the playground to extend the playtime fun?
- 24 Ideas for Family Fun in the Backyard
- 25 Ways to Have Fun Outdoors
- 20 Ways to Get Arty Outdoors
- An Outdoor Invitation to Play