1. Bean bag throw: Lay your hoop on the ground, step back and throw a bean bag into the hoop. With each successful throw, take an extra step back to make it trickier! (If you are interested in making your own bean bags, check out this post).
2. Roll it: Find a large flat space (or a nice big hill) and try rolling your hoop along the ground. Don’t forget to chase it as it goes. Or roll it to a friend, and back again.
3. Leapfrog: Lay your hoop on the ground like a lily pad, and perform the actions whilst singing the Mr Frog song. If you have more than one hoop, lay them all around the ground and have fun leap frogging from hoop to hoop. Try skipping next or hopping.
Mr Frog jumped out of his pond one day,
And found himself in the rain.
Said he, “I’ll get wet and I might catch a cold!” A-A-A-Achoo
And he jumped in the pond again.
4. Skip: Have your tried using your hula hoop instead of a jump rope to skip with?
5. Hang it: Hang your hula hoop from a tree or your verandah and use it for target practice, throwing balls (or bean bags) through.
6. Hula! Can you hula around your waist? Your arm? Your leg? Can your Mum or Dad 🙂
Do you have any other hula hoop games that your children like to play?