This is a simple, crafty Christmas idea that you might like to try with your children. As well as looking lovely hanging in your name, it also provides the opportunity for a little fine motor skill development.
For each snowflake you will need:
- 3 long pipe cleaners
- A collection of small bead in your chosen Christmas inspired colours
1. Fold one pipe cleaner in half and twist around the middle of a second pipe cleaner.
2. Fold a third pipe cleaner in half and also twist around the middle of the second pipe cleaner. Arrange the ‘arms’ of your snowflake so they are roughly equidistant.
3. Thread beads onto each arm of the snowflake, leaving roughly 2-3 centimetres at the end. Fold the end of the pipe cleaner into a simple knot to stop the beads slipping off.
4. Repeat for each arm. Fold the end of one arm over to form a hook for hanging your snowflake on your tree.
Hanging on our tree…