Here is a simple gift idea for preschoolers or bigger kids who enjoy the challenge of beginner sewing activities.
Beginner Sewing Kit
You will need:
- A small toolbox, tackle box or sewing basket – I picked up this plastic toolbox for just $3
- Embroidery thread
- Blunt tipped wool or tapestry needles or bodkins
- Needle threader
- Permanent markers or fabric markers
- Embroidery hoop
- Measuring tape
- Cross stitch Aida fabric
- Plastic canvas
- Small, sectioned plastic container for storing notions and needles
- Optional – stickers to bling your box!
Cut all fabric pieces to size.
Sort notions and needles into a sectioned storage container.
Cut plastic canvas into shapes and/or add simple line drawings as outlines for children to sew around or decorate with sequins.
Arrange all items into the box and tray as desired.
Close, wrap and place under Christmas tree ready for some holiday stitching fun!
Do you have a young person who would enjoy a sewing kit this Christmas?
Check out these beginner sewing activity ideas…