As Autumn sets in and the days get shorter and the weather cools my mind turns to hearty, belly warming family meal ideas. Soups, stews, casseroles and curries start to make a much more regular appearance on our dinner table and our slow cooker becomes my saviour, especially on days when we are busy with after school activities and social engagements. In my search for menu plan inspiration I asked some of my fellow bloggers for their favourite slow cooker recipe suggestions and have collected together this fabulous collection of tried and tested, family friendly meal ideas.
1. Chicken Noodle Soup has to be a cold weather staple, right? This one is via Planning With Kids.
2. Now I cannot claim to have ever even thought of making lasagna into a soup but this Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup from Family Fresh Meals looks divine.
3. Good old Mac and Cheese wins double points for being both a comfort food and so kid friendly. Did you know you can make it in slow cooker? Via Veggie Mama.
4. I am yet to try making a roast in the slow cooker but Dad 101 loves roast lamb and Nicole of Planning with Kids Makes it looks easy. Check out her Roast Leg of Lamb recipe.
5. Silverside is a firm favourite in our house and I love that it is so budget friendly. Here’s a recipe for a Slow Cooker Silverside from The Organised Housewife.
6. My girls have recently fallen in love with stuffed baked potatoes and I love the idea of cooking them in the slow cooker – Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes via Family Fresh Meals.
7. If curry is your more your thing, check out this simple Slow Cooker Chicken Curry.
8. I love Chantelle of Fat Mum Slim’s meatball twist on an old favourite. I am just dreaming of this creamy, mushroom goodness – Beef Meatball Strogonoff.
9. Not Quite Nigella’s Slow cooked Beef Cheeks is perfect for making a day ahead and I love her idea for serving it with cauliflower puree – such a great change from mashed potatoes.
10. Corey of Family Fresh Meals shares the BEST Crockpot Beef Stew recipe!
11. Styling You’s Shredded Beef Tacos can also be made with pork shoulder – just yum!
12. Last but by no means least, are these Sticky Chilli Lamb Shanks from Woogsworld. To me, these just epitomise everything that cold weather, belly warming, slow cooking is! Now my only problem is that I have too much choice! Which will I try first?
Do you have a favourite slow cooker recipe?