“A great childhood is about simple fun, play and learning with the people that you love..”
- Christie Burnett, 2010
Welcome to Childhood 101, the place for EVERYTHING childhood as shared by everyday parents.
I began Childhood 101 as a new Mum trying to get her head around this parenting caper which I naively thought would be easy after 15 years working as an Early Childhood Teacher. I can honestly tell you, teaching in kindergarten, preschool, first grade or child care, have nothing on being an actual parent 24 7.
At Childhood 101 we talk about all things ‘childhood.’ Here you will find information, discussion and inspiration on a whole host of topics;
- Parenting issues like nutrition, sleep and behaviour
- How kids learn (and it’s not from flashcards)
- Ideas for simple, cost effective ways to create fun at home
- Tips for organising kids, family life and your home
- Homemade craft and toy ideas
- Schooling, early education and child care
- The everyday trials and tribulations of being a parent in this modern day world
Childhood 101 would be nothing without YOU! This is a place to talk, ask, laugh, and yes, even sometimes, cry together. Feel free to contact us with your childhood/parenting related questions or contribute a guest post (guidelines here), and please leave a comment on posts that you find interesting or inspiring.
Even when we talk about tough topics (because let’s face it, parenting can be tough), Childhood 101 is a supportive, positive place with emphasis on the good bits of being a kid and a parent, of being family, after all there is already more than enough negativity in this world in which our children are growing up.
Join us, let’s celebrate childhood together,
Christie, Editor Childhood 101
Read more about Christie and the other Childhood 101 contributors here.