A week of rainy days at home with children can bring even the most patient parent to their knees…I know from experience! So next time the weather is miserable I’ll be pulling out this list of 25 family fun ideas to remind me of the opportunity for some awesome family time despite the falling rain.
When you need to get out of the house:
1. Visit the zoo: the zoo can be lovely on a drizzly, light rain day as the animals are generally more active when it’s cool.
2. Visit your favourite museum.
3. Enjoy a visit to an art gallery.
4. Try ten pin bowling.
5. Head to a bookstore and choose a new family read aloud.
6. Play mini golf at an indoor centre.
7. Try rollerskating or ice skating.
8. Rug up and walk along the beach: another one for those light rain days.
9. Visit an aquarium.
10. Try indoor rock climbing.
11. Head out for a treat at your favourite ice cream shop or cafe.
12. Visit the local library.
Fun at home:
13. Pop some popcorn and snuggle up on the couch for a family movie marathon.
14. Have a board game night complete with all of your favourite family snacks.
15. Have a card house building competition.
16. Play hide and go seek in the dark with glow sticks.
17. Teach the kids a new card game.
18. Have a paper airplane competition.
19. Play charades.
20. Find a new recipe and bake together.
21. Create a Lego village together.
22. Have a home spa session with pedicures and shoulder massages.
23. Complete a giant jigsaw puzzle.
24. Wait for a break in the rain and make and float paper boats in the puddles outside.
25. Jump in puddles and dance in the rain.
What are your favourite ideas for family fun on rainy days?