The apple. muesli and yoghurt make these pikelets super yummy and extra filling! Perfect for breakfast or a morning tea snack.
Recipe for Apple and Yoghurt Muesli Pikelets
You will need:
- 175g tub yoghurt – we used Yoplait Strawberry
- 1 cup raw muesli
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup milk
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- Cooking oil spray
- Combine muesli, flour, baking powder and apples in a bowl.
- Combine milk, lemon, eggs and yoghurt together in a second bowl and then stir into dry ingredients. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large frypan over low heat and spray with oil. Dollop two tablespoons of the mixture into the frypan for each pikelet, cook until bubbles form on the surface, flip and continue cooking until cooked through.
Served with extra yoghurt, the pikelets were delicious 🙂 I am pretty sure that adding a few fresh berries would also be pretty special!
Pikelets are such a great food for kids. Do you have a twist on the traditional pikelet recipe that your family enjoys?