Just listen to that crunch!
If you haven’t tried making crunchy slime yet, you have to give it a go. I personally think the crunch sounds are super satisfying but not everyone feels the same way!
If you’d like to try making crunchy slime, then we have the recipe for you! It starts with a classic slime with clear glue and then the foam balls are added at the end – just like in the video.
A few slime making hints and tips:
- We strongly recommend that an adult measure and handle all chemicals used when making slime and close adult supervision when young children are playing with slime.
- Liquid starch is the ingredient that makes the slime come together as a solid. It is not liquid laundry detergent. If liquid starch, such as Sta-Flo, is not available where you are, you might prefer this recipe with borax or you could try this great fluffy crunchy slime recipe.
- Different glues and starches used in your slime can effect the final outcome. We prefer Elmer’s glue for best results with this recipe.
- To make your slime less sticky, try adding a tiny bit more liquid starch. If your slime is too firm or hard, add a little more glue.
- Slime that sticks slightly to your hands is more likely to have a nice stretchy, slime consistency.
RELATED: Make Scented Rainbow Floam Slime
Crunchy Slime Ingredients:
1. Pour the glue into a bowl. Add water and mix until well combined.
2. The next step is adding the liquid starch. The starch makes the slime come together. If you add too much starch your slime will become too hard, so always add the starch slowly. You may not need the full amount listed or you may need a little more, a lot depends on the glue you are using. Keep stirring until the slime is gooey and the liquid is gone.
3. Use your hands to continue mixing and kneading. The kneading is important to making your slime less sticky. If your slime is too sticky, add a little more liquid starch. If it is too firm or hard, add a little more glue.
4. Finally, fold in your foam balls as demonstrated in the video above.
Now it’s ready to stretch, squeeze and crunch!