Do you have a slimer in your house? I love that the Urban Dictionary literally defines a slimer as ‘one who slimes.’ Though Slimer with the capital S was that totally gross green sludge character from the Ghostbusters series! Anyhoo, today I am sharing an easy fluffy slime recipe for the slimers in our midst.
Fluffy slime feels so cool! You can squish and squelch and stretch it, in fact playing with this slime is actually kind of therapeutic.
The secret to making slime fluffy is…shaving cream! The amount of shaving cream you add will effect how fluffy your slime is, so have fun experimenting with different combinations of the ingredients to make your slime as fluffy as you like. Be sure to read our instructions and suggestions carefully before starting to ensure the best results.
Fluffy slime is a lot of fun to play with but we do recommend close adult supervision for younger kids and that adults should actually make the slime.
If you ask us, this could even be the the best slime recipe ever! Big call, hey 🙂
Easy Fluffy Slime Recipe
Fluffy Slime Ingredients:
- 1 Bottle of white school glue
- ¼ tsp. Baking soda/bicarb soda
- Contact lens cleaning saline solution (containing boric acid)
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- Mixing bowl
Fluffy Slime Instructions:
1. Pour one bottle of white school glue into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in a ¼ of a teaspoon of baking soda.
3. Mix in a few drops of food coloring, and stir to combine the color well.
4. Spray in as much shaving cream as you like. The more shaving cream you use here, the fluffier your slime will be in the end.
5. Pour in 1-2 tablespoons of contact lens cleaning saline solution to the bowl, and stir to combine. At this point, your glue mixture will begin to stiffen up, and start sticking less to the sides of the bowl.
Please don’t let young children handle Contact solution as it can cause diarrhoea if consumed.
6. Continue to add contact lens saline solution to the bowl a little at a time until the slime is a consistency you like.
You can continue to put in solution until the slime no longer sticks to your hands, but at that point, you may find that your slime is less like slime and more like putty. Leaving the slime so that it still sticks to your hands slightly will give you the true stretchy slime consistency most people like. If you find that you have put in too much saline solution, simply add in more glue, and mix to combine well.
How To Make Slime Less Sticky
Remember, if your fluffy slime is too runny or sticky, you will need to add more saline solution, possibly a lot more than you would think! Continue adding a little at a time until the slime has reached a consistency that you prefer.
How to Make Slime Stretchy Again
If your slime is too hard, simply add in more glue and mix well to combine.
This is not a savable slime. Because of the shaving cream used in the recipe, it will breakdown overnight, so this slime is best for a full day of play, and then discarding when you are done. If you wish to save it, you can add some more glue to help liven up the broken down slime mixture the next day.
RELATED: Silly Putty Recipe & 21 Ways to Play with Putty
Ensure children wash their hands thoroughly after playing with any slime, especially before eating.
If you enjoy making our fluffy slime, why not try our Floam Slime Recipe next!