Making folded paint artwork is fun for kids of all ages but I particularly love the smiles of delight you see on the faces of toddlers and preschoolers when it comes to the BIG REVEAL! So much fun! When AJ and I were recently making a series of folded paintings I just couldn’t resist suggesting that we transform some of them into MONSTERS!!! Friendly ones, of course 🙂
How to Make Folded Paint Monsters
You will need:
- Painting paper
- Washable acrylic paint: choose complimentary colours and place each colour into a paint cup with a spoon
- Sticker eyes or paper to make eyes or a marker pen to draw on eyes – your choice!
- Strips of coloured paper
1. Pre-fold a sheet of painting paper and then open back out again. Spoon on dobs of paint onto the paper.
2. Fold your paper closed and rub the paper all over to make sure your paint gets all nice and smeared!
3. Open your painting and admire your fabulous, colourful artwork. Cut around the edges of your painting to give your monster a very unique appearance.
4. Give your monster eyes. We quite like monsters with three eyes each! Concertina fold (a great activity for concentration and fine motor skill development!) your coloured paper strips and staple or tape into place as arms and legs for your monster.
5. Give your monster a name and hang in your home to enjoy!
You may also like;