I admit I struggle to give gift cards as gifts as I love the act of choosing and wrapping a gift for people who are special to me. However, with teenagers to gift to, I find that a gift card is often right there at the top of their gift list! Fortunately, gifting a gift card doesn’t have to be boring, in fact, I think this Reindeer Gift Card Holder is rather cute! It’s a printable too, so super easy to make, and it looks super cute hanging on your tree or mantle.
You will need:
- A printed copy of this Reindeer Gift Card Holder Printable – printed onto photo paper or card stock
- Thin double sided tape or glue stick
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or twine
1. Cut out the pieces of the reindeer from the printable. The legs are optional. I think they are cute but the gift card holder looks good without them too.
2. If you are using the legs, have your preschooler concertina each one.
3. Fold the long body section up on the dotted line to form the pocket for the gift card.
4. Use small pieces of double sided tape or glue to secure the shorter front legs inside the body before sealing the gift card pocket. Seal the two long sides of the gift card pocket with tape, leaving the top open so that the card can be slipped into place. Tape or glue the two long rear legs to the front or back of the sealed pocket.
5. Punch a hole in the reindeer’s hat and thread a piece of ribbon or yarn through the hole. Knot to form a hanger.
Slip your gift card inside, hang on your tree and surprise someone special on Christmas Day!
Check out our other popular Christmas printables;