This morning whilst we were playing outside, we decided to make ‘soup.’ To add an element of fun and learning, I turned our soup making into a treasure hunt game.
I would give Immy clues about something I could see which we might add to the soup or challenge her to find a particular item in the garden.
Can you find…
- Something small and yellow?
- Something hard and white?
- Two seed pods?
- Some very small leaves?
- A weed growing in the grass?
- Some white sand? And some yellow sand?
- A small stick
- Something prickly?
Immy’s favourite place to find soup ingredients was behind one of the tree stumps we have already pulled out.
She was having a wonderful time navigating the best way to climb over it and back again. I have a feeling it may become a permanent part of our new backyard.
Once the soup was ready, it actually transformed into curds and whey and the play turned into re-enactments of Little Miss Muffet. Guess who got to be the spider?
What have your children been playing outdoors this week?
- Did you play outside today?
- Planning a Playful Garden: Plants that are Perfect for Play
- 7 Tips for Making Outdoor Time a Habit