As I write this it is a beautiful, sunny Winter’s afternoon. Through the open doors I can hear the sounds of children next door playing ouside – the loud, exaggerated counting and giggles associated with a good old fashioned game of hide and seek. It is the perfect sound to accompany this sunny day and brings to mind childhood memories of…
Good, old fashioned, outdoor games like
- Hide and seek
- Duck, duck, goose
- What’s the time, Mr Wolf?
- Please, Mr Crocodile, may we cross the river?
- Elastics (Chinese jump rope)
- Jump rope
- Hula hooping
- Piggy in the middle (Keep Away)
- Knucklebones (Jack Stones)
- Four square (Hand Ball)
- Dodgeball (in all honesty, I hated this one!)
Which have these games have you shared with your children? What are others you would add to the list? As for me, I am off to draw a hopscotch grid with chalk right now before Immy wakes up. I am sure she won’t really get the whole idea of the game just yet but she will love jumping in the squares just the same