This recipe is a hit in our family for many reasons…
- It’s yummy.
- It’s so quick to make.
- It’s easy to make ahead and reheat following after school dance class (or whatever other activity your children are involved in).
- My daughter is involved in putting her own dish together at the table, it’s a winner for getting fidgety kids to stay sitting at the table.
- It’s easy to vary depending upon your family’s taste preferences…and what’s in the pantry or fridge.
Hints and tips:
- I use this same recipe for a beef burrito version – substituting the chicken for beef mince (ground beef) and the stock for beef stock.
- If I am preparing the meat early in the day for that evening, I take it off the heat before the liquid fully reduces so that when I reheat it on the stove it doesn’t dry out.