Today regular contributor Tricia Hogbin of Little Eco Footprints presents 10 fun and easy ways for kids to create art outdoors.
I like art with kids to be spontaneous and not requiring too much in the way of preparation, and I usually find that taking art outdoors fits the bill nicely.
Here are 10 outdoor art ideas that I hope inspire some spontaneous, messy, outdoor creating with your kids….
1. Draw on a trampoline with chalk
2. Create jewellery using twine and found natural materials like feathers, rocks and shells
3. Create a plastic beach litter art sculpture
4. Draw on rocks
5. Paint on stumps or tree trunks
6. Draw on leaves
7. Paint with feathers
8. Draw with chalk on sheets of fallen bark or other natural materials
9. Draw (or write) on bark carefully collected from a paper bark tree
10. Enjoy full body painting with washable paint on a big canvas or bed sheet
What is your favourite way to make art outdoors?
For more art making inspiration check out Time to Create: Hands On Explorations in Process Art for Young Children.
- Kids Art Projects: Playdough Pictures
- Making Natural Berry Dye
- Managing Kids Art with Children of Different Ages