Be sure to read to the end of the post for the chance to win with 4MyEarth.
The past few weeks Immy has been having a bit of fun with practice ‘lunchbox lunches’ in preparation for kindy. This exercise can be really useful for ;
- Teaching children which foods are for recess or ‘little lunch’ and which are for lunchtime,
- Providing plenty of opportunity for your child to practice opening (and packing away) the wraps, containers, drink bottles and packets you will send them to school with; and
- Helping you to determine how much food to send for your child. Sending too much food can lead to unnecessary waste, and can frustrate a child who wants to go and play but has been told he/she must sit and finish her lunch first. Wearing my teacher hat for a moment, I have always found that sending a child with multiple, small serves of familiar, easy-to-eat foods is best.
I have simply been pre-making Immy’s lunch with a range of different lunch food, fruit and/or snack choices each day and packing it into her insulated lunch bag with an ice brick.
And wonderful Childhood 101 sponsor, 4MyEarth, has made this process even easier for us with their fabulous range of reusable wraps and pockets that replace the need for plastic wrap or zip lock bags!
We have been trialling a Value Pack which includes two wraps (one sandwich sized and one snack sized) and two expandable pockets (one sandwich sized – which is also great for popcorn snacks – and one snack sized). Made from a polyester fabric that is manufactured (and has been professionally tested) to ensure that there are no harmful substances present, the pockets and wraps are available in a range of printed designs. Both styles are easy to use with the velcro fastenings making them perfect for little hands, Immy has found them easy to open and the pockets easy to close. I have appreciated how easy they are to wash, giving them a quick hand wash after each use (though they are fully machine washable).
4MyEarth also stocks a range of lunch bags and sacks, stainless steel drink bottles and reuseable school book covers.
Childhood 101 readers (open internationally) have the chance to win one of two 4MyEarth Sandwich Wrap and Pocket Value Packs. Each pack includes one snack wrap, one sandwich wrap, one snack pocket and one sandwich pocket. For your chance to win, visit 4MyEarth to check out the fun range of wrap and pocket print designs and then leave a comment on this post telling me you like most and what your child’s favourite packed lunch would include. Entries close 6pm AEDST, 26th January 2012. THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
The fine print:
1. The competition ends at 6pm AEDST, Thursday, January 26th, 2012.
2. To enter you must leave a comment on this blog post sharing favourite 4MyEarth print design and the contents of your child’s favourite packed lunch.
3. Entry is limited to one comment per household/IP address.
4. Please register a routinely checked email address in the email field of your entry.
5. The winners will be notified via email within 7 days of the competition closing.
6. Should the winner fail to make contact via return email within 72 hours of notification a new winner may be selected.
7. The winners’ contact details will be passed onto 4MyEarth and the prizes organised directly by them.
8. Entries remain the property of Childhood 101 and may be republished.
Win Free Stuff
Why not also share this great giveaway with your friends on Facebook or Twitter using the buttons below?