This post is sponsored by Dettol.
Cleaning the bathroom when you have kids can most certainly make everyday feel like Groundhog Day. No sooner is the ring around the tub erased then it is back again the next evening! And let’s not even talk about the toothpaste blobs all over the sink or the state of the toilet bowl!
But given that kids have to bathe and bathrooms have to be cleaned anyways, it seems that the bath and shower might just be the perfect playground for a little playful, creative bath time fun! These six bath time play ideas have the added bonus of always working a treat to entice my girls into bathing whenever they are going through a stage of resisting taking a shower or bath.
1. Set up a Bathtub Science Lab: Here is how to set up the simplest of science labs – after all there is nothing like a little exploration of displacement theory or volume and capacity comparison at bathtime!
2. Make and draw with Soap Crayons: Soap crayons are fun to make (here is the recipe) and great for drawing in the bath.
3. Whip up a little Bathtub Paint: Bathtub paint has always been a perfect bathtime bribe for my girls. Just add a few drops of food colouring (you really don’t need much) to a small cup of shaving cream and it’s ready for painting onto your shower screen or bathroom tiles with a brush. Rinse off once bathtime is done.
4. Draw with whiteboard markers on the shower screen
5. Build with bubbles! Combine building with bubbles by taking your Duplo bricks into the bath to play.
6. Make mixed up Monsters! These foam bath monsters are super easy to make with craft foam. Here’s the how-to.
And when bath time’s over and it’s time to clean up….yet again…why not give Dettol’s new Healthy Clean range a try. Great for helping you to maintain a clean and healthy bathroom, the Healthy Clean range of products effectively remove dirt and grime as well as killing 99.9% of common household germs (E.coli and Staphylococcus aureus). Always read the label and use only as directed.