As long time readers of Childhood 101 will know, the value of children creating is close to my heart (so much so that I wrote a book about it that you can see here). Every Christmas and birthday my girls receive art materials to encourage them to express their ideas creatively. If you know a creative kid (or even a not-so-creative-one), this list of Christmas Gift Ideas for Creative Kids features all of our favourite art supplies!
The ideas below are mostly linked to an Amazon or Etsy product link (affiliate links). These are suggestions only, to provide you with more information or a look at an item we love in our home, obviously you can shop for similar items wherever you prefer to shop.
– Felt tipped marker pens: chunky markers for younger children or fine line markers for older children
– Crayola Twistables Slick Stix
– Watercolour pencils or crayons
– Modelling clay or plasticine
– A big roll of paper (a paper roll dispenser like this is pretty cool too)
– Gel pens
– Sketch book or sketch pad
– Ed Emberley’s Fingerprint Drawing Book or Great Thumbprint Drawing Book and and Multi Colour Stamp Pad
– An art smock: I prefer washable plastic, long sleeved (with elasticised wrists) smocks
– An art easel: this KidKraft one
– Face paint crayons
– A colour in pretend play castle playhouse, cottage playhouse, pirate ship or rocket ship
– And lastly, my book, Time to Create: Hands On Explorations in Process Art for Young Children
Don’t miss the other great ideas in our KIDS GIFT GUIDE !