This fun milk jug catcher activity is the perfect blend of craft and activity for kids! Plus there are three fun ways to play – one perfect for outdoor summer fun, one for solo play, and one for playing indoors! There are so many fun ways to play and catch with a milk jug catcher – I bet your kids will come up with even more ideas for playing with this adorable, recycled craft.
Make Your Own Milk Jug Catcher Game
You will need:
- 1 milk jug with handle (you’ll need 1 for each child playing)
- Permanent markers
- Pom poms
- Water balloons
- Rinse out the milk jug and remove any labels. Turn the jug upside down and hold it by the handle.
- Use a permanent marker to draw the cup opening on the bottom of the jug.
- Cut out the opening with scissors. If your milk jug is made of stiff plastic, you might want to guard the edges with tape, but our jug was pliable and didn’t need any extra guarding.
- Decorate the outside of the jug with permanent markers.
Game 1 – Outdoor Fun with Water Balloons
Fill water balloons with water. Toss the balloons back and forth and try to catch them with the jugs.
When the balloons pop, you might just get a little wet!
Game 2- Indoor Sock Catch
Roll up a sock into a ball shape. Toss the sock into the air and pass back and forth between jugs. This makes a wonderful indoor catching challenge – how many times can you toss it back and forth without dropping the ball?
Game 3 – Solo Catching Game
Tie a piece of yarn or string to the jug handle. Tie a pom pom to the other end of the string. Toss the pom pom into the air and try to catch it with the jug.
This is a fun and challenging game for older kids to play solo.
There are possibly endless ways to have fun with the milk jug catcher – my kids spend the entire afternoon playing with them! Why not ask yours what other game ideas they can come up with.