These chicken patties are a hit with everyone in our family, even with the fussier five year old – albeit with a dash of tomato sauce! At 20 months AJ gobbles them up and both Dad 101 and I both go back for seconds 😉 They are quick and easy to make, and wheat and dairy free – the secret being oats in the place of the more traditional breadcrumbs in similar recipes, and the combination of herbs and spices is delicious.
Oaty Chicken Patties Recipe
You will need:
- 500gms chicken breast
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Oil for shallow frying
1. Chop zucchini and onion in food processor then remove.
2. Add chicken breast to food processor and mince.
3. Return zucchini and onion to processor, add egg and herbs and spices, process until combined.
4. Remove mixture from processor into a mixing bowl. Add oats and mix well. The mixture will still be quite wet.
5. Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Spoon mixture into pan, flatten with the back of the spoon. Once brown (3-4 minutes) flip and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel.
What types of patties do your family like to eat?