My girls love French Toast and I love what a simple, healthy food it makes for breakfast, lunch or snack time. These French Toast Christmas trees were so easy to make and super yummy to eat!
How to Make French Toast Christmas Trees
You will need:
- One slice of bread per tree (use your family’s favourite type of bread)
- One egg for every 2-3 trees
- One tablespoon of milk for every 2-3 trees
- Your choice of toppings – you might like honey, maple syrup or yoghurt, small coloured sugar balls, fresh blueberries or sultanas (raisins), shapes cut from thinly sliced strawberries or watermelon
1. Remove crusts from bread slices and cut into tall triangles.
2. Combine egg and milk with a fork.
3. Dip slices of bread into egg mixture, ensuring both sides are thoroughly soaked.
4. Fry in a non stick frypan (or spray your frypan with a little spray oil) until golden, turning to cook the second side.
5. Remove from heat and drizzle with a little honey, maple syrup or yoghurt. Add other toppings as preferred and serve.
Do your children like to eat French toast?
More festive food for your holidays…
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own: