Some of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received from friends have been materials for activities I can do together with my girls. I love the idea of giving the gift of shared experiences…almost as much as I love giving children (and parents) the gift of creativity! A basket or box of fun art materials, paper and some creative inspiration makes a fabulous gift for the child, but also for the whole family.
What would I include in such a gift? Here are 10 suggestions from my own list of favourite art making materials!
3. Oil pastels: Chunky ones for littlies and regular oil pastels for bigs!
6. Paper: Pads of large sheets of paper, a roll of craft paper and visual art diaries are all great
7. Playdough: homemade (here’s my favourite homemade playdough recipe) or store bought
8. An art apron
9. A mess making mat or tablecloth
10. A copy of my book, Time to Create: Hands On Explorations in Process Art for Young Children! Available with free delivery worldwide from The Book Depository. Or via Amazon, Amazon UK or Barnes & Noble online.