We had a mini gluten free guest at Immy’s recent mermaid party (more on that soon I promise) and I wanted to be sure that there was a selection of party food that she could enjoy when it came time to eat. These crustless mini quiches were quick and easy to whip up and could be easily adapted to include whichever flavours you prefer. In fact, this would be a great recipe for involving kids in the kitchen too.
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/8 cup + 1 Tablespoon gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup cheese*
- Your choice of fillings* – we stuck with ham and cheese because these were for the kids but you could add a combination of any of the following: lightly sauted leek, chopped tomato, fresh or tinned corn, spinach, feta, bacon, smoked salmon, mushroom. You’ll need about 1/3 a cup of your filling.
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Break eggs into a bowl, add milk and lightly whisk with a fork.
3. Add the flour, cheese and your chosen filling and mix until well combined.
4. Grease your mini muffin tin.
5. Spoon mixture into a mini muffin tin, filling each about 2/3rds full.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
*Please take time to check that all ingredients are actually gluten free and ask the affected person or their family for advice if you are at all unsure.
What have you been cooking with kids recently?