This Christmas decoration craft was quick and easy to prepare and Immy had such fun decorating each heart…which might have something to do with the glitter glue! Are your kids mad for glitter glue too? We stuck with bright, non-traditional Christmas colours for our sparkling hearts as they fit with our colour scheme this year but, of course, these hearts can be made in any festive colours.
How to Make Sparkling Christmas Hearts
You will need:
- Cardboard tubes/TP roles
- Utility knife or serrated bread knife
- Child friendly acrylic paint
- Small stapler or hot glue gun (optional)
- Glitter or glitter glue
1. To prepare your hearts, cut a cardboard tube into 2cm widths with a utility knife or serrated bread knife. Fold each piece into a heart shape. To help hold the shape, I stapled the top of the heart closed but this is completely optional (a dob of glue from a hot glue gun inside the top of the heart would also work).
2. Paint the outside of each heart in your choice of festive colours with child friendly acrylic paint.
3. Decorate the outside of each heart with sequins, securing them with white craft glue (PVA).
4. Add dabs of glitter glue for an extra touch of Christmas sparkle.
5. Set aside until the glue is completely dried.
6. Thread a loop of cotton thread through each heart and hang on your Christmas tree.
Have you been making decorations with your kids in the lead up to Christmas?
- Christmas Card Making Station
- 8 Christmas Decorations to Make with Kids
- Homemade Christmas Ornaments: Plaster of Paris Decorations
- Easy Christmas Watermelon Pops