Images from a visit to our local Farmers Market…
Is this parsnip? Daddy loves parsnip.
(photo taken seconds before Immy takes a big bite off the end of one raw parsnip!)
Mmmm.. yummy organic bacon fresh from the BBQ.
Listening to some live music.
- Our identity is also formed by our relationship with the place we inhabit, our community.
- The child is a citizen of the city.
- The (preschool) children go out into their local community every week. They live the city as an educational experience, it is a constant source of learning projects – the crowds, the architecture, public sculpture, the rain.
- Every opportunity for the children to be involved in community activities is taken.
- There is an emphasis on collaboration between the child – family – community to support the learning of the child.
- This prescence of children within the community provides greater visibility to childhood, to the importance of early education.
- The community shares responsibility for the welfare and the education of the child.
Read more of the Understanding Emergent Curriculum series;