Looking for a sweet Valentine for your little monster to make? I swear that there is nothing cuter than this awesome Love Monster Valentine Card!
Love Monster Valentine Card Craft
As well as being super adorable, these monster cards are simple to make, especially for school age crafters, requiring just a few, common craft supplies.
You will need:
- Cardstock – red + your choice of assorted colours
- White paper
- Black marker
- 1.5” circle paper punch*
- 1” circle paper punch*
- ⅝” circle paper punch*
- Glue stick
* The use of paper punches is optional. Alternatively, circles in a range of sizes can be free cut with scissors.
How to Make Your Love Monster Valentine Card
1. Begin with a square of cardstock. The squares shown here were 20cm/8in. Cut a 2cm/1in strip from one side of the card. The strip will become the monster’s arms, the remaining rectangle the monster’s head and body.
2. Cut the strip in half and cut a wavy hand shape on one end of each half.
3. From a different coloured cardstock, cut some crazy, jagged edged monster hair.
4. Glue the hair in place on the rear side of the monster body paper.
5. Now, draw fun monster eyes and a mouth on the white paper. Get creative and have fun with it! Be sure your facial features have a nice, thick black outline.
6. Cut out the eyes and mouth.
7. Glue the eyes at the top of the card.
8. Glue the mouth in place, as well.
9. Next, use the circle punches to punch a bunch of circles from the same color cardstock as the hair. Alternatively, cut some circles free hand.
10. Glue the circles all over the monster.
11. Then, glue the arms in place, around the monster’s middle.
12. Finally, cut a heart out of red cardstock. This is the perfect place to write a Happy Valentine’s Day message.
13. Slide the heart into the arms of the monster.
And you’re done creating the sweetest love monster Valentine!
Of course, Valentine monsters come in a wide array of different colours and styles…
Now you just need to decide who to gift your love monster too!
For more sweet Valentine craft ideas, be sure to check out our Origami Heart Bookmark and DIY Heart String Art.
Pin for later: