Unsurprisingly, the results of the recent reader survey were all about play!
Nature play. Toddler play activities. Independent play activities. Construction, spatial play, vigorously active games. Outdoor play ideas. More ideas for creative activities. Advice for encourages my children to learn through play/activities/projects. Engage and encourage children to play using good old fashioned equipment. Ideas for setting up invitations to play. Cheap, quick play ideas.
This is just a tiny sample of the survey responses and requests for more play information and ideas.
Sharing my passion for play as the ‘work’ of children has always been my purpose here at Childhood 101 but even with my experiences as a teacher and as a Mum I could never claim to know it all. So instead of providing all of the answers to your questions and requests myself, I recently asked an awesome team of teachers and Mums passionate about play to join me in developing a playzine for parents, and I am so pleased to present Issue 1 of Play Grow Learn!
For just $4 you can instantly download 62 full colour pages of fabulous play ideas by contributors from all around the globe. Bursting with ideas for playing inside and outside, with activities for moving, talking, cooking, creating, thinking, singing, imagining and constructing, Play Grow Learn is perfect for parents and educators of children from birth to 5 years.
In this issue you will find;
- 62 pages of play!
- 7 pages of outdoor play ideas
- Over 30 baby play ideas, for babies from birth to 12 months
- A quick and easy no-sew Superhero Cape tutorial
- Ideas for moving beyond building and knocking down towers with blocks
- 50 song ideas to sing with your kids
- A fabulous arty idea for getting your homemade Christmas pressies started
- Cooking with kids, playing with words, music and dance, bathtime fun & more!
- PLUS a free fantastic full colour, printable set of snap cards!
For more information, visit the Play Grow Learn page or buy and download directly by clicking on the button below.