After quite a few days in a row at home due to this pregnant mama hiding from the heat, we woke up last Thursday and I said to Immy, “Would you like to go to the beach for a breakfast picnic???” She was excited and raced off to find her swimmers while I quickly got dressed and packed a bag.
Towels, hats, sunscreen, sunglasses, water and fruit were all thrown into a bag and we were ready to go. We stopped on the way to grab OJ and egg muffins and then headed to the sea and sand. Fortunately, the weather happened to be quite mild on this day (I had been thinking breakfast was a good way of avoiding the real heat of the day but thanks to the cooler change we didn’t have to rush). We ate…
…and my freshly sun-screened child made angels in the sand!
and buried my feet. It was a wonderful way to spend the morning and I am so glad we seized the moment and just did it 🙂 With Immy starting kindy in just a few weeks and a new bub on the way, these love bites of quality time are all the more important to this hormonal mama right now.
Some other picnic related suggestions for seizing the moment;
- Take your breakfast to the park or playground.
- Plan a picnic in your cubby house, or put up a tent or string up some bed sheets as a fort outside.
- Swap it up with an impromptu afternoon tea or early dinner picnic on the way home from school.
- If the weather makes picnicking outdoors tricky, set your picnic up on the living room floor instead.
Have you done something spontaneously fun and seized a special moment with your kids recently?
Related Posts That I Think You’ll Enjoy…
- 25 Ways to Have Fun
- 25 Ways to Have Fun Outdoors
- What Will Your Children Be Grateful For?
- Get Outdoors: Geocaching