What was in our play space this week? A simple idea for toddler threading …
I simply punched holes in a pile of metallic patty pans and Immy threaded them onto pipe cleaners to make flowers. She took them on and off, over and over again during the week until our patty pans looked really quite ratty! It constantly amazes me that the simplest ideas are often the ones kids love most of all.
I can’t tell you how much fun I had during last week’s We Play – there were so many great play ideas and fabulous blogs to discover, and that is what this meme is about – creating community, sharing ideas and supporting each other. Make sure you take time to visit the other links throughout the week to be inspired.
The winner from week one of the $40 gift voucher from Eco Toys (as chosen by random.org) is … #8 House of Baby Piranha. And my favourite play idea of the week? You can find it here (I am so glad to have found this great blog).
Now it’s your turn, what have you been playing this week?
- Anytime during the week, blog about a play space or play experience you’ve enjoyed at home, preschool, child care or kindy, using just a photo or some words of explanation as well.
- Grab the We Play button (find the code here) and pop it into your post or sidebar. Include the text, “Come over and play at the Childhood 101 We Play link up” with a link back to Childhood 101 at the end of your post.
- Pop over each Tuesday and add a link to the We Play post. Please link directly to your related post, not your home page.
- Visit others on the list to find new friends and be inspired by others who believe play is an important part of how children learn.
- Each week I will choose my favourite post from the link up list and feature it in the next We Play post.