I must admit to being a big lover of bunting. I love how versatile it is and how many different, gorgeous variations there are to make. I love to hang it to decorate our home for birthdays and holidays, and think it is perfect for decorating kids bedrooms and playrooms. So I have collected together 18 wonderful bunting ideas that I think would look gorgeous hanging in the kids spaces in your home.
1. Make a fabric book cover bunting displaying your child’s favourite book covers.
2. Or recycle the pages of a favourite, pre-loved picture book for your bunting (you can also choose one related to a decorating theme or holiday).
3. Or if you don’t want to cut up your favourite book, you can always photocopy the pages for your garland. Via My Little Bookcase.
4. I am in love with this idea from Red Ted Art – making bunting from vintage maps.
5. This origami boat bunting from Be A Fun Mum is simply divine!
6. Who would guess that this pretty flower bunting is made from cupcake cases? Via The Craft Train.
7. For an extra special sensory twist this orange peel heart bunting from Buggy and Buddy is genius.
8. Who wouldn’t love a pretty garland of felt hearts?
9. Or get the kids helping you to string the stars. From Toddler Approved.
10. The addition of fabric flowers makes this traditional bunting shape extra special. Via Triple T Mum.
11. Those who can’t sew can still make a fabric bunting with this easy no sew technique.
12. This air dry clay heart bunting from NurtureStore is super special and so unique.
These fun ideas get the children involved in making your beautiful piece of playroom decor…
13. Craftulate’s tape resist bunting can be modified to any design, word or motif that you like.
14. MeriCherry shares a great technique for making art paper bunting with a group of kids.
15. This fun daffodil bunting from NurtureStore will brighten up any room.
16. Dye paper doilies with liquid watercolours or food colouring for a fun bunting twist.
17. Or try layering hearts on a paper heart bunting. Via Tinkerlab.
18. Picklebums shares a printable bunting flag for making gorgeous hand drawing bunting.
Do you have a bunting obsession like me?
- 9 Kids Art Space & Storage Ideas
- Lego Storage & Organisation Ideas
- Sorting & Storing Baby and Kids Clothes