A 3 ingredient banana cake??? I know you are thinking no way! How is that possible? At least that is what I thought when I saw comments made on Facebook about a similar cake. But you know what? It does work! And more than that, you cook it in the slow cooker. No hot kitchen to contend with! Here’s how…
3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Banana Cake
You will need:
- 3 medium, ripe bananas
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1x 400gm tin condensed milk
1. Peel and mash your bananas. Add flour and milk and mix well.
2. Grease and line a loaf tin. You need to make sure that your tin fits in your slow cooker – the oval shaped slow cookers work best for this recipe. Pour your cake mixture into the tin.
3. Add a little water to the bottom of your slow cooker. I use about 1/8th of a cup. Sit your loaf tin in the slow cooker, drape a teatowel over the top of the slow cooker and then place the lid on. Bake on high for two hours, or until a skewer comes out clean.
This cake is dense, moist and absolutely divine when smeared with butter! You could also add a cream cheese frosting or lemon glaze. Yum!
You may also like: