These printable Christmas emotions spinners offer a fun way to talk with young children about the emotions they feel during the holiday season.
Printable Christmas Emotions Spinners
Featuring fun and familiar Christmas characters – Santa Claus and Miss Gingerbread – each spinner includes graphics depicting four different emotions, everything from joy to sadness, fear to tiredness. They are a wonderful introductory activity for talking about commonly experienced emotions and make a great holiday addition to your social emotional learning toolkit.
Directions for Making Your Christmas Emotions Spinners
You will need:
– 4 printable spinner templates printed onto cardstock (see download and printing instructions below)
– Small, sharp scissors
– 2 paper fasteners/ brads
1. Cut out all four spinner wheels.
2. Punch holes through the middle of each wheel using the pointy end of the scissors. Children will need help with this step.
3. Push the paper fastener through the holes, first through the top layer of the spinner (showing the shape of each character’s head), and then through the second layer (showing the face and emotions).
4. Spread the paper fastener to secure it at the back of the wheel.
5. Turn the wheel several times to make sure it spins smoothly.
6. Talk about the different emotions displayed on both the Santa Claus and Miss Gingerbread spinners.
Download Instructions: Christmas Emotions Spinners
Click here to download:
Christmas Emotions Spinners. Save the PDF to your computer. Open the PDF to print the pages you require. Please carefully read any printing instructions included within the document.
Having trouble accessing or downloading the file? Please try a different internet browser.
Please note: All Childhood 101 printables are for personal use only, you may not use any part of this content for commercial purposes-that includes selling the document, giving it away to promote your business or website, or printing the file to sell. You may not share, loan or redistribute these documents. Teachers may use multiple copies for students in their own classroom.