Managing feelings and emotions is hard, whether you are four or six or forty six!
Helping children learn to recognise and regulate the full range of emotions is an ongoing process involving a number of important stages, including;
- Recognise a range of emotions in themselves and others
- Recognise the physical and emotional responses we have to each of these emotions
- Learning to express their own feelings verbally
- Learning to calm oneself down in the face of overwhelming emotions, and
- Learning to treat others with kindness and empathy.
Useful in both the home and the classroom, this collection of resources and activity suggestions includes tools that can act as useful prompts for discussion with children about a wide range of emotions and guide us as we help our children to develop effective strategies for managing overwhelming stress and emotions.
The collection includes printable posters, games, booklists and activity ideas to use with children across a range of ages.
Learning to master big emotions and the associated skills of emotional regulation helps children to succeed not just in childhood but right through to adulthood. And you never know… in helping your child, you may just find a strategy or two to help yourself.
The Managing Big Emotions Calm Down Series
Yoga & Mindfulness for Kids
Feelings & Emotions Games for Kids
Feelings & Emotions Activities
Feelings & Emotions Books for Kids
Pin for later: