Don’t you just love activities that are simple to set up and keep kids busy for ages? I created this simple invitation to play for Immy and she is loving it. When she discovered the invitation she was instantly curious and once I told her it was the present wrapping station in Santa’s Workshop I just couldn’t keep her away!
To create the space I collected together;
- A basket of small boxes,
- Christmas wrapping paper cut into squares of various sizes
- Christmas tape (though regular tape would work too)
- Sticky present labels
- A Christmas novelty pen
- Christmas stockings (you could hang them on 3M removable hooks)
- Mini Christmas tree (a Santa sack would be great too)
Immy instantly set to work wrapping the presents and labelling them for her sister and her toys. It was wonderful to see her playing happily, knowing that those finger and hand muscles were getting a good workout (folding, taping, writing) and her brain was too (it’s amazing how tricky it can be to find just the right sized piece of paper to fit around each box).
- Christmas Card Making Station
- Fine Motor Skills at Christmastime
- Homemade Ornaments: Laminated Christmas Baubles