With the festive season almost upon us we are already receiving details for end of year school Christmas events and parties for out-of-school activities. For most of these we are asked to take a plate to share so today I have collected together 21 recipes for simple to make, super tasty Christmas treats that kids will love.
1. Kids love watermelon and these watermelon Christmas trees are sure to be a hit.
2. Why not add The Organised Housewife’s simple chocolate dip to a tray of fruit cubes for a tasty treat.
3. Check out these fabulous melting snowman biscuits over at Be a Fun Mum. I love them!
4. So simple but oh so yummy are these Chocolate Marshmallow Pops from The Craft Train. Substitute the coloured sprinkles for red and green sprinkles or silver and gold edible glitter for even more festive fun.
5. Red and green M&Ms add a festive sparkle to this Rice Bubble (Rice Krispies) Slice. Via The Organised Housewife
6. Or check out Picklebums’ Fairy Fudge version.
7. Or NurtureStore’s super Snowman treats.
8. Christmas tree mini pizzas make a delicious savoury treat. These ones are from Octavia & Vicky.
9. Or make simple Cheese Puff stars with your kids to take along to share with friends.
10. Debs at Learn with Play at Home shares a biscuit/cookie recipe that is simple enough for children to help bake and perfect for decorating.
11. Or try homemade gingerbead biscuits/cookies for a truly festive treat (just keep them away from me, as I can’t resist gingerbread!) Via Laughing Kids Learn.
12. You can also transform your gingerbread into reindeer shapes!
13. An Australian party classic, what would the list be without Chocolate Crackles? This recipe is just a little healthier than the traditional version.
14. For another touch of Australiana, check out these yummy Christmas Wombats from My Little Bookcase
15. These Christmas cupcakes in a cone from Three Foot Cooks are super fun for children to decorate themselves.
16. A Watermelon Fruit Cake sure makes a healthy treat to share with friends. Via Laughing Kids Learn.
17. Kids will absolutely adore these strawberry Santas from Leanne Bakes.
18. Cherry Ripe or Peppermite Crisp Balls, oh my! Via The Organised Housewife.
19. These Giant Freckle Pops are sure to be a hit. Choose red and green sprinkles for a Christmas twist.
20. Retro Mummy’s Christmas Cookie Balls look simply delicious!
21. This child friendly Rocky Road really is a sweet treat! Via Planning with Kids.
I would love to know, what is your go-to recipe kids’ celebrations where you need to take-a-plate?