My girls both love helping in the kitchen and these Cheese Puffs are simple enough for my toddler to make! They make a great afternoon tea snack or lunch box treat.
Cheese Puffs Recipe
You will need:
- Puff pastry (we used two sheets)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cheese, grated (you can use Cheddar, Colby, mozzarella, Romano or Parmesan, or a combination of your favourites!)
- Small whisk or fork
- Pastry brush
- Biscuit/cookie cutters
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
1. Lay out your puff pastry sheets to defrost. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
2. Have your pint-sized assistant lightly beat the egg and water together to form an egg wash.
3. Cut shapes from puff pastry using a biscuit cutter.
4. Lay shapes onto a sheet of baking paper on your baking tray and brush with egg wash.
5. Sprinkle a little cheese onto each shape.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and pastry puffed.
Enjoy warm or store cooled cheese puffs in an air tight container overnight.
Now check these out!
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own: