Immy loves avocado and we pretty much always have avocado in the house so when she was playing at making guacamole for her doll this morning, I suggested we make some for morning tea. She mashed up some avocado with a fork, added a good squeeze of lemon and then spread it onto water crackers. Easy 🙂
Dips are such an easy way to involve young children in preparing food. Some other easy dipping suggestions;
- Mash cream cheese and stir in dry French Onion Soup Mix to taste.
- Mix natural yoghurt, cucumber (grated or finely diced) and a good squeeze of lemon for a child friendly tzatziki
- Mash some banana or squeeze an orange and stir into natural yoghurt for a sweet but healthy dipping option. Enjoy dipping with seasonal fruits.
- Older children might enjoy practising their chopping skills by making a tomato based salsa or even a fruit salsa.
Kids and Eating
- Breakfast Adventures
- Mistakes Mums Sometimes Make: Toddler Eating
- Super Sandwich Solutions
- Eating Out with Children