I can tell that Immy is getting really tired as the end of her first year of full-time school comes to an end (in Australia our school year runs February-December). With just three weeks of school to go, we are both looking forward to leaving the morning rush and twice-a-day school run behind us for two whole months. When I discovered a box of blue jelly powder in the cupboard (left over from the Mermaid Birthday Party earlier in the year) I had the idea of making a tropical-inspired jelly snack as a reminder that Summer (and more importantly, Summer holidays) is just around the corner.
Easy Jelly Snack Idea for Kids
You will need:
- 1 packet of blue jelly
- Dessicated coconut
- Yellow food colouring
- Tiny teddy biscuits
- Tiny paper cocktail umbrellas
- Prepare jelly according to the packet instructions ahead of time in clear plastic cups or glasses. Refrigerate to set.
- Place 1 heaped teaspoon per jelly cup of dessicated coconut into a small cup or bowl. Add a few drops of yellow food colouring and stir to distribute colour.
- Using a spoon, gently spread one teaspoon of coloured coconut onto the surface of the set jelly to represent an island in the sun.
- Stick the paper cocktail umbrella into the jelly and position one Tiny Teddy biscuit under the umbrella.
These would also be a great idea for any nautical, beach or water themed kids party.
More kids snack ideas