Needing to take a plate to a child-friendly Easter event needn’t be difficult thanks to these simple Easter Cupcakes! And they’re the perfect Easter treat when combined withour healthy vanilla cupcake recipe (details below) – any way to turn down the sugar dial just a teensy bit at Easter has to be a good thing, right?
Of course, this cute chick cupcake decorating idea works just as well on your favourite, tried-and-tested cupcake recipe or cupcakes made from a boxed cake mix.
Cupcakes + icing + eyes + M&Ms = it really couldn’t be simpler! And they are kinda cute too! Here’s the how to…
How to Decorate Easy Easter Cupcakes:
Creating Cute Chicks
- A batch of mini vanilla cupcakes – our healthy vanilla cupcake recipe is perfect for this!
- Yellow buttercream icing – here’s a simple buttercream recipe if you need one. Just add a few drops of yellow liquid food colouring.
- Icing piping bag with a 1M tip
- Candy eyes
- 1 small bag of M&Ms
1. Ensure cupcakes are completely cooled before beginning.
2. Fill your piping bag with yellow icing and install your 1M tip on the end of the bag.
3. Start in the middle of you cupcake and hold the bag and tip still as you push about 1 teaspoon of icing out.
4. Once each cupcake is iced, add two candy eyes.
5. Finally, add an orange M&M to each cupcake for a beak, as shown.
Simple! Take these along to your child’s school, sport or church Easter event and they’re sure to a be a hit.
If you’re looking for even more healthy-ish Easter treats for kids be sure to also check out our collection of kids Easter Snack Ideas.