These 21 cute and healthy Easter snack ideas are a bit of fun and lots of yum!
It’s no secret I have a sweet tooth! I am a chocoholic from way back and there is just something special about Easter chocolate! In fact, Easter may just be my favourite holiday on the holiday calendar. Unfortunately, my girls have both inherited my desire for the sweet stuff! So in the lead up to the holiday I am doing everything in my willpower to resist buying Easter chocolate to eat before the big day, and trying to focus instead on healthier pre-holiday treats – like these fun Easter snack ideas for kids!
Perfect as a morning or afternoon tea snack, many of these ideas will also travel well in school lunch boxes or be fun additions to an Easter party. While some of the recipes sneak in a little chocolate, I’ve really tried to collect together healthier kids Easter snack ideas, that won’t overload them on sugar and sweets.
21 Healthier Easter Snack Ideas
1. These fruit energy bites look like little chocolate eggs but are a much healthier Easter snack ideas.
2. A healthy Easter breakfast popsicle??! You’re kids will love this even when it’s not Easter! Via Eats Amazing.
3. Use a rabbit cookie cutter to cut French toast/eggy bread Easter shapes before cooking.
4. An Easter twist on one of our favourites, love this Bunny Trail Mix from Planning Playtime
5. Love this fun and healthy Easter egg snack box from Eats Amazing.
6. Enjoy a frozen yoghurt Easter treat with No Time for Flash Cards.
7. Transform a fruit cup into an Easter chick with Kids Craft Room.
8. These strawberry bunnies from Crafty Morning are lots of fun.
9. Get the kids busy baking with this Hot Cross Scones recipe.
10. Another delicious (and much easier to make) twist on traditional hot cross buns – Easter Scrolls.
11. Skip to My Lou’s Bunny Rolls are just the sweetest and fun to bake with kids.
12. Make a cute cheesy chick by melting grated cheese over an English muffin or bagel half. Add a beak and feet cut from sliced carrot and two slices of black Kalamata olives (or sultanas or blueberries) to form the eyes.
13. The Gunny Sack has created gorgeous Easter baskets of fruit salad from apples! So sweet.
14. These creative Easter pancakes are such a fun idea. Via Let’s Lasso the Moon.
15. Or try a bunny butt pancake – this one is sure to make your children laugh! From Tablespoon.
16. Use heart cookie cutters to make a cute rabbit sandwich.
17. Create a muffin bunny by toasting English muffin (or bagel) halves. Spread with cream cheese. Cut one muffin in half and add a little strawberry jam to form the bunny’s ears. Add sultanas or raisins for eyes and cut a nose and whiskers from dried cranberries. Yum!
18. Get kids involved with these simple decorated Easter biscuits from Picklebums. Swap the sweets for dried fruit or cereal pieces for a healthier option.
19. A game of snacktime Easter Tic Tac Toe is the perfect excuse for playing with your food! Again, swap out the sweets for cereal or dried fruit for a healthier version. Via My Joy Filled Life.
20. Feeding a bigger group? This bunny fruit platter is so creative. Via Crafty Morning.
21. These simple Easter chick snack cups from The Imagination Tree will transform any snack food into an extra cute Easter snack! Try popcorn, trail mix or fruit salad.
Tell me, with Easter still a few days away, have you cracked open your first egg of the year yet?