There are lots of ways to spend time together as a family in the lead up to Christmas which cost very little, which can only be a good thing given how much we spend in the lead up to the big day!
1. Go for a drive in the evening to look at the homes adorned with Christmas light displays.
2. Attend a local community Carols by Candlelight.
3. Attend a Christmas pagent or parade.
4. Head into the city to look at the Christmas displays in the department store windows (and maybe sit on Santa’s knee while you are there!)
5. Hire a Christmas movie on DVD and stay in for a family movie night, popcorn essential!
6. Pull out a favourite board game and spend an afternoon playing together.
7. Head outdoors for some family fun time. You could try anything from a visit to the beach or the bush or even into the snow (depending which side of the world you are on!)
8. Cook or bake something Christmassy together. Gingerbread shapes, White Christmas, shortbread – there are so many yummy choices just a Google away. Make together to enjoy together or to give as gifts.
9. Create something Christmassy and crafty as a family. There really is no excuse as anyone can manage paper chains 🙂
What are your favourite ways to spend time as a family in the lead up to Christmas